Van dar Sar

Fergie:VanderSarokay

Sir Alex Ferguson expects Edwin van der Sar to be back forManchester United's game against Aston Villa later in October.

Van dar Sar has suffered a recurrence of a toe injury he recently picked up on international duty.

However, the problem is not hugely serious and the Dutch keeper should be back for United after the international break.

"He picked up an injury training with Holland some weeks ago and it's resurfaced," Ferguson told United Radio.

"We'll give him a few days' break and it looks like we'll have him back for our trip to Villa Park [on Saturday 20 October]."

Ferguson quashed speculation that Van der Sar was the latest victim of a broken metatarsal.

"Every time a player goes down holding his foot these days you get people talking about metatarsals, but it's not that. It's a toe injury and he should be back in a couple of games," he said.

Meanwhile, Tomasz Kuszczak, who has benefited from Van der Sar's recent spell on the sidelines, insists he is ready to challenge the Dutchman.

"I know I am a good goalkeeper, I just need the opportunity to show it," he said.

"I don't think about how long I have got. Edwin is injured at the moment, so I have the chance to play in big games and I need to do well.

"I have been happy with my form and feel I did well in pre-season. I was determined to fight for my place but unfortunately, I started the year on the bench again."

0 Responses